Calculator Reboot 2.0.139: The final countdown
I know, it’s more than a month I published a blog post about calculator reboot status. But don’t worry, also if I didn’t write any post, Bartosz and I worked hard on it, and now it should be ready to become the default calculator app on the phone, we just need a green light by the QA team!
As usual, please report any bug you find on Launchpad, so we can fix them!
Since is since end of January I don’t write a post on calculator, I describe all the things we did, also if some of these features are available on the store since a while.
This is a feature by Bartosz: we don’t have anymore two buttons for brackets (one for ( and one for )), but now there is only one button. When you press it, it magically understand if you need a open or a close bracket. Seems incredible, but it works very well. Give it a try and if you find a case where it doesn’t work, please report it to us.
Now with long click on clear button you delete all the formula. Don’t waste your time anymore!
Editing calculation from history
You want to reuse a old calc you did? Just try to swipe left the calc ;-)
New design for keyboard
We have some new design specs: we will implement them after the release of actual reboot. Meanwhile, we changed the keyboard accordingly.
Empty state in favourite
We added an Empty state in favourite mode so now users know how to use that feature. I know it’s a bit confusing, we will improve it with new new design in next weeks.
Thanks to Ubuntu community the calculator now it’s available in a lot of languages. They’re amazing, work hard and we often forget them. So, this is my personal thanks for you all translators! We love you!
If you don’t have the app in your language, take a look to our translation page and help us :-)
Here the changelog with features we added. Missing revisions are translations. I don’t report them because the commit message is always the same (Launchpad automatic translations update.), so it isn’t useful to understand which languages have new translations. Please see this page to have a full vision on translations status:
- #86 Add universal bracket support. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #90 Fix bug #1416667. Add error animation. Set anchorToKeyboard to true. (Giulio Collura)
- #91 Change Euler number display character. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #92 Deletion fix. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #98 Add clear formula feature, by long pressing delete button. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #102 Added tests for square and cube functions. (Andrea Cerisara)
- #104 Add possibility of editing calculation from history, by swiping left and select “Edit” option. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #105 Added the select none action in multiselection mode when all calcs are selected. (Riccardo Padovani)
- #106 Added tests for power and log. (Andrea Cerisara)
- #116 Fixed broken tests. (Riccardo Padovani)
- #117 Updated math.js to 1.4.0. (Riccardo Padovani)
- #118 Fix adding decimal separator, at the beginning of the formula. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #119 Added tests for sin, cos and factorial. (Andrea Cerisara)
- #121 Allow to change favourites from calculation history. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #122 Optimize autopilot tests for scientific switching. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #129 Change keypad layout according to latest design. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #134 Add complex numbers validation. (Bartosz Kosiorek)
- #137 Use EmptyState from UCS to have a text in favourite page when is empty. (Riccardo Padovani)
As usual, I do all this in my spare time, at night because during the day I have to study. Do you mind to buy me a coffee to help me to stay awake? :-)